Acquisition of St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship by financial contribution
|Financial contribution||250 000 USD|
|Length of the process||4 - 6 months|
|Visa-free travel||136 countries|
St. Kitts and Nevis government offers a citizenship by investment program through a Citizenship Act established in 1984, making it the oldest double citizenship program in the world. While the initial and only option for obtaining a second passport was to invest in an approved real estate project, since 2006, it is possible to make a charitable contribution to a Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (SIDF), which was established in order to support displaced sugar industry workers.
If you have any questions regarding Caribbean citizenship or you want to apply – contact our agents now!
In order for an investor to qualify for a St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship, it is required to make the following financial contribution: non-refundable charitable contribution of at least 250,000 USD to SIDF.
For an investor with family: minimum of 300,000 USD is required. This includes an investor and three dependants (plus fees: 7,500 USD for the investor, 4,000 USD per one dependant).
In addition to the required cash contribution, the potential citizen of St. Kitts and Nevis needs to conform to several other requirements:
- Passing background check – no criminal record;
- Passing health check – no HIV/AIDS or other contagious diseases;
- Having high personal net worth.
Citizenship application procedure
Citizenship by investment program in St. Kitts and Nevis is very well regarded and is considered to have an excellent reputation. Although, this program is believed to be the longest standing double citizenship program in the world, the number of issued passports is relatively small due to extensive due diligence process and rigidly enforced procedures to be followed.
In order to submit an application the following documents must be provided:
- Copy of the passport and birth certificate;
- 8 passport size photos;
- Valid police record;
- Reference from a bank;
- Two personal references written by recognized professionals (ex: doctor, lawyer, engineer or bank official);
- A letter appointing a qualified agent who will represent the investor during the application process.
- Affidavit of support if applying with children;
- Marriage Certificate or Divorce Certificate (if applicable);
- Health Certificate.
In general, it takes approximately 4-6 months to acquire a double citizenship and second passport.
Since October 2016, there is a new procedure in place for those who need to acquire their second citizenship as fast as possible: The Accelerated Application Process. AAP allows the investor to become a citizen of St. Kitts and Nevis in as early as 45 to 60 days depending on each application. Investor will still need to meet all mandatory criteria and submit all documents. The AAP process costs extra 25,500 USD for the main applicant and 20,500 USD per each dependent above 16 years.
In order to acquire second passport, the following general steps are to be taken:
- The first step in the process of obtaining a double citizenship via St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment program is to find and communicate with a licenced agent who will guide you through the application process and decide which of the two investment options you prefer;
- When you have chosen the agent, you need to fill out all the application forms and prepare all required documents for the due diligence agency as well as pay the professional, legal and due diligence fees;
- When all the documents are ready, your application will be submitted to the government. The due diligence process usually takes 30-60 days depending on the applicant;
- While the due diligence takes place, you must make the contribution into an escrow account if you have chosen the SIDF option. If you have decided make an investment into a real estate this would be the time to pick the property;
- If you have passed all the criteria, you will receive a Certificate of Citizenship and you may apply for the second passport immediately.
Advantages of holding a St. Kitts and Nevis second passport
St. Kitts and Nevis offers an excellent opportunity to acquire a second citizenship in as early as 45 to 60 days in exchange for an extra fee. Other advantages include:
- No visit or interview needed;
- Visa-free travel to 150+ countries;
- Zero tax on foreign income, wealth, inheritance, capital gains or gifts;
- No residency or minimum stay requirements;
- Family friendly.
If you still have questions regarding this program – check our F.A.Q. section or contact us directly.