Acquisition of Grenada citizenship by financial contribution
|Financial contribution||200 000 USD|
|Application state fees||8 000 USD|
|Length of the process||3 - 5 months|
|Visa-free travel||124 countries|
Established in 2013, Grenada Economic Investment Program (GEIP) is one of the newest double citizenship programs in the world. Nevertheless, it is also believed to be one of the most competitive and safest contributions in exchange for a second passport. The program offers a possibility to investors to become a citizen of Grenada in exchange for a direct investment in the National Transformation Fund (NTF) established to develop Grenada’s infrastructure, business environment and economy in general.
If you have any questions regarding Caribbean citizenship or you want to apply – contact our agents now!
In order to receive a Grenada citizenship, an investor is obliged to make the following financial contribution: non-refundable 200,000 USD contribution to NTF (plus fees: total of 8,000 USD per person).
In addition to the monetary contributions, investors need to conform to several other requirements set by the Government of Grenada:
- Passing background check;
- Passing health check;
- Proving the legal origins of the funds used to acquire the double citizenship;
- No other age, business experience, education, minimum net worth or language requirements.
In case you do not meet any of the criteria mentioned above – it is highly recommended to contact our agents and request an alternative solution!
Citizenship application procedure
Double citizenship by investment program in Grenada is considered to have a relatively straightforward and fast application procedure. In case of any questions or misunderstanding, your agent will be there to answer all of your inquiries and advise the best solution and most appropriate program for each individual investor.
In order to submit an application the following documents must be provided:
- Application form;
- Coloured copy of the passport (first 3 and last 3 pages);
- 6 passport size photos;
- Coloured copy of all national identity cards;
- Verification of support documents for Permanent Residency or Citizenship;
- Birth and adoption (if applicable) records and certificates;
- Certificate from country of birth and residence stating no criminal record;
- Copy of marriage and divorce (if applicable) certificates (certified);
- University or college transcripts for children over 18 (certified);
- Reference letter from a bank.
The process of acquiring the second passport and Granada citizenship is completed within 3-5 months, depending on each applicant.
In order to acquire second passport, the following general steps are to be taken:
- First step after the decision to become a Grenada citizen is to choose among the certified agents who will help the investor to go through the double citizenship program. When this is done, the investor needs to send by courier post the application form together with a package of all required documents listed above as well as transfer the due diligence service fee to the chosen agent;
- After receiving an approval from the due diligence agency (this could take around 3-6 weeks), the investor needs to make the contribution together with rest of the fees;
- When the above transfer has been approved, the investor will receive several Government forms to be filled and sent back;
- After receiving the Government forms, your agent will prepare an application package for approval by the Government of Grenada. After that, the Certificates of Registration will be issued and signed by the Prime Minister, the passports will be issued and all documents sent to the new Grenada citizen.
Advantages of holding a Grenada second passport
Every double citizenship by investment program offers one main benefit: possibility to obtain a new passport and citizenship. But there are numerous other advantages to consider when deciding which country offers the most appropriate program for the investor depending on his or her needs, family and business status.
Grenada offers an excellent double citizenship by investment program to investors with families. While in other countries, you would have to pay an extra contribution for every child or other dependant, in Grenada, there is a fixed 200,000 USD or 350,000 USD (depending on the option chosen) contribution to be made for the main applicant and all of his dependants, which includes: spouse, children under 25 years and parents over 65 years.
Only service fees need to be paid for each person separately. Other significant advantages include:
- Relatively quick processing;
- No physical residency requirements;
- Double citizenship is allowed;
- Visa-free travel to more than 135 countries;
- Zero tax: no income, inheritance or wealth tax.
If you still have questions regarding this program – check our F.A.Q. section or contact us directly.