Acquisition of Antigua and Barbuda citizenship by financial contribution
|Financial contribution||250 000 USD|
|Length of the process||2 - 6 months|
|Visa-free travel||136 countries|
Established in 2013, Citizenship by Investment Program of Antigua and Barbuda is among the newest double citizenship programs in the world. Antigua and Barbuda is considered as the best option for investors who not only want to obtain a second passport, but actually want to live in this beautiful Caribbean island. As a proof, numerous celebrities, such as Oprah Winfrey, Eric Clapton, Domenico Dolce, Giorgio Armani and Stefano Gabbana have chosen this country to be their vocational spot or even a second home.
If you have any questions regarding Caribbean citizenship or you want to apply – contact our agents now!
In order to become a citizen of Antigua and Barbuda, an investor needs to make the following financial contribution: a non-refundable contribution of 250,000 USD to the National Development Fund.
In addition to financial contribution, in order to receive a double citizenship and a second passport from Antigua and Barbuda, an investor needs to conform to a number of other requirements:
- Passing background and criminal record check – an investor cannot be convicted or currently being a subject of criminal investigation in any country, except for an offence for which a maximum penalty is less than six months prison sentence;
- Passing medical check;
- An investor cannot be denied a visa to any country with which Antigua and Barbuda has a visa-free travel agreement.
In case you do not meet any of the criteria mentioned above – it is highly recommended to contact our agents and request an alternative solution!
Citizenship application procedure
Investors willing to obtain a double citizenship under Antigua and Barbuda citizenship by investment program, first need to find a licenced agent who will consult, advise and manage the process starting from the list of documents needed to apply till the actual receipt of your new passport.
In order to submit an application the following documents must be provided:
- Application form;
- Photograph and signature certificate
- Certified copy of a passport and birth certificate;
- Criminal record extract from Antigua and Barbuda and any other country you have lived in for at least six months;
- Copy of arrears receipts;
- Medical certificate;
- Investment confirmation Form.
Generally, it takes approximately 2-6 months from the day of submission of all documents to receive your new passport.
In order to acquire second passport, the following general steps are to be taken:
- The first step in the process of receiving a double citizenship from Antigua and Barbuda is to find an agent who is granted a Citizenship by Investment program licence under the respective regulations. All application forms must be the ones prescribed by the Government and can be found on the program’s official homepage;
- After an extensive due diligence procedure by the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU), an investor may be asked to attend an interview or can simply be approved.
- Once the application has been approved, which should happen within three months, the CIU will notify the agent about the decision made;
- If the decision has been positive, an investor needs to make the contribution in one of the three options described above;
- After the contribution and any additional fees have been confirmed, the passports are issued;
- It is important to note, that in order to be able to renew the citizenship status after five years, the investor is obliged to spend at least 5 days in the country within this period.
Advantages of holding an Antigua and Barbuda citizenship
Each investor may look for different features when searching for the most suitable citizenship by investment program. Antigua and Barbuda offers a great possibility to obtain a second citizenship through an investment in eligible business, which makes it more competitive among other countries in the eyes of business investors. In addition, Antigua and Barbuda offers various other advantages to keep in mind:
- Relatively quick processing;
- Extensive visa-free travel to 145+ countries;
- The only CIP in the Caribbean region to offer visa-free travel to Canada;
- Inclusion of dependants (spouse, children under 26 years and parents or grandparents over 65 years);
- Zero tax: no income, inheritance or wealth tax.
If you still have questions regarding this program – check our F.A.Q. section or contact us directly.