Residence permit by bonds purchase
Some jurisdictions do offer an opportunity to apply for a residence permit due to government bond purchase. It may be a good option for those seeking for a stable investment object with predictable outcome. Even though this options offers some level of certainty and protection it might be not the most efficient in terms of investment return and complexity level.
Residence permit by bonds purchase in Spain
Temporary residence permit program in Spain based on making bond acquisition offers foreigners an easy way of investing their financial means in Spanish Economy in order to reside in the country longer than 3 months within a 6-month period.
A foreigner is eligible to apply for a residence permit, if he or she has reached legal age of 18 years, has no criminal record, does not have been refused entry to any of the Schengen countries, has proven monthly income 2 130 EUR for the main applicant, 532 EUR for any additional family members applying.
In order to acquire a temporary residence permit of Spain on the grounds of bond acquisition the following requirements must be met:
- The investment in securities of Spanish government debt in amount of at least 2 000 000 EUR must be made; or
- An investment in amount equal to or greater than 1 000 000 EUR in shares or shares of Spanish companies must be made.
Permanent residence permit can be obtained after living in Spain for 5 uninterrupted years and allows foreigners to stay in the country for between 90 days and 5 years with a possibility of its renewal. There is no requirement towards physical residence in Spain while having made an investment, however, there are several basic requirements concerning investor’s contribution to the country’s capital which should be fulfilled in order to receive a residence permit.
Residence permit by bonds purchase in Latvia
Residence permit program in Latvia based on business investment offers foreigners great opportunities to invest their financial means in a new or existing business in Latvia with the aim of obtaining country’s residency. This type of investment provides convenience in terms of setting up a business within EU and making business trips while enjoying a visa-free policy of the Schengen Area.
In order to acquire a temporary residence permit of Latvian Republic on the grounds of investing into company equity capital several requirements must be met. However, there are several options for investment.
Major requirements (just one of them is sufficient):
- A new limited liability or joint-stock company must be established which capital amounts to 50 000 EUR, with minimal annual tax 40 000 EUR paid to the state budget, number of employees not more than 50 and an annual turnover balance not more than 10 million euros [READ MORE]
- A limited liability or joint-stock company equity capital investment, amounting to EUR 100,000, with number of employees not less than 50, minimal annual tax 100 000 EUR paid to the state budget and an annual turnover or balance not less than 10 million euros [READ MORE]
- A limited liability or joint-stock company along with one or more affiliated companies registered in Latvian Republic, with a capital investment amounting to 100 000 EUR, number of employees not less than 50, minimal annual tax 100 000 EUR paid to the state budget and an annual turnover or balance not less than 10 million euros. [READ MORE]