Acquisition of Dominica citizenship by financial contribution
|Financial contribution||100 000 USD|
|Application state fees||11 325 USD|
|Length of the process||3 - 4 months|
|Visa-free travel||119 countries|
Dominica’s ’Economic citizenship by investment’ program allows acquiring double citizenship and passport to investors who agree to make a contribution to Dominica’s development. This citizenship program is believed to be one of the cheapest not only among other countries in Caribbean region, but all around the world. Dominica offers lifelong citizenship without neither prior residency, nor in-person interview requirements.
If you have any questions regarding Caribbean citizenship or you want to apply – contact our agents now!
In order to become a Dominica citizen, an investor needs to make the following financial contribution: non-refundable 100,000 USD contribution to Government Fund (plus fees: total of 11,325 USD).
In addition to financial contribution, in order to receive a double citizenship and a second passport from Antigua and Barbuda, an investor needs to conform to a number of other requirements:
- Clean background and no criminal record – in order to ensure the high reputation and integrity of Dominica and its double citizenship program, the Government of Dominica has a private investigation agency hired to perform a due diligence procedure on each applicant older than 18 years.;
- Good health – all potential Dominican citizens need to show that they have excellent health and that they do not suffer from any contagious disease;
- Investors from Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Yemen, North Korea, Sudan, Afghanistan and Somalia are not allowed to apply for Dominican citizenship program.
In case you do not meet any of the criteria mentioned above – it is highly recommended to contact our agents and request an alternative solution!
Citizenship application procedure
Investors willing to apply for double citizenship and second passport in Dominica need to find an authorized agent who is eligible to deal with Caribbean economic citizenship program as it is not allowed to apply directly to CBIU (Dominica Citizenship by Investment Unit). The Authorized Agent will perform a basic due diligence on the investor and guide him or her through the entire process of acquiring double citizenship.
In order to submit an application the following documents must be provided:
- Certified copy of a current passport and birth certificate;
- Medical questionnaire filled by a registered medical practitioner;
- Certificate from country of birth and residence stating no criminal record;
- References – one professional and two personal;
- Marriage certificate (if applicable);
- Reference letter from a bank;
- Letter of employment;
- Audited financial statements of a company (if applicable);
- University or college diploma (notarized);
- Declaration of source of funds;
- Recent tax return;
- Business background report;
- 8 passport size photos.
It takes 3 to 4 months to acquire a second passport and double citizenship in Dominica, from which a comprehensive due diligence by the Government usually takes 60 to 90 days depending on each individual.
In order to acquire second passport, the following general steps are to be taken:
- First step is to find an Authorized Agent and sign a retainer agreement in order to establish a professional relationship as well as to ensure the confidentiality. At this point several service fees need to be paid (agent’s professional service fee, Government’s registration, application and due diligence fees);
- After receiving all necessary documents and service fees, the Government will initiate a comprehensive due diligence process which can take up to 3 months. During this process, all communication with the Government is handled by the Authorized Agent on behalf of the investor;
- If the investor has successfully passed the due diligence procedure, he or she will receive a Letter of Approval in Principle from CBIU and can now make an investment in one of the possible scenarios explained above;
- Once the investment has been verified by CBIU, the client receives a Certificate of Naturalization and will receive the passport of Dominica within a week;
Advantages of holding a Dominica second passport
There are various advantages of becoming a Dominican citizen and receiving a second passport. Dominica can be proud of exceptionally strict due diligence and quality control measures, which ensures high reputation not only of the country itself, but the investor’s new passport. In addition to this major advantage, Dominica double citizenship program offers:
- Relatively quick processing;
- Low cost;
- Visa-free travel to more than 135 countries;
- No interview required;
- Zero tax: no income, inheritance or wealth tax.
If you still have questions regarding this program – check our F.A.Q. section or contact us directly.